Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sub Paraprofessional

I accepted a job for this school year about 2 weeks ago as a sub paraprofessional. Never did I think it would be more difficult than I thought. Don't get me wrong I really like what I do but man it's hard getting to know different paraprofessional's schedules and knowing where to go. Yesterday I was called at 11:30 asking if I could come in at 12, of course I said yes. This was my first day ever as a sub and ever at this school. I was so lost and had no idea where I was going, what children I needed or what I was doing. Obviously I followed the schedule that was given to me and went off of that but its hard when you don't know the school or where anything is. I felt like I was just thrown into this job. I never got a tour of the school or anything. Today was a little bit better, I ask a lot of questions which is what you have to do. I'm hoping it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment