Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Voyager Elementary School:)

I received a call yesterday for a sub paraprofessional  position at Voyager Elementary school which is conveniently located really close to my house:) We set up an interview today at 2:30 and I got the job right away! I was very excited since I have never been a paraprofessional before and I am looking to broaden my career and do something more in my field! I got the meet the classroom teacher in the room that I will be in and she seems super nice! My first day is Monday and I am super excited!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is very exciting! I currently work as a paraprofessional in a school and I love it. I think I would love it even more if it was that close to my house. I commute to Glenwood every day, which sometimes the drive is nice, but in the winter it is definitely not as nice. Being in a classroom will definitely open your eyes and broaden your career choice. Getting offered a job on the spot is the best feeling in the world! I was also offered the job I currently have on the spot and it is an indescribable feeling that no one will understand unless they have experienced it. It was definitely more appealing to be offered on the spot rather than wait to someone to decide. You have the excitement from the offer in your mind and it doesn't go away. It wasn't my only decision breaker for taking that job, but it helped it quite a bit. Congratulations on your new job! I'm sure you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I know it's pretty uncommon to be offered a job on the spot, so they must have been impressed with you. What kind of work will you be doing and when do you start? Admittedly, I'm not sure where Voyager is located but you can't beat the convenience of living a few minutes from work, that's for sure. I live about three minutes from my office and now I'm looking to buy a house that's a little farther out. Making that drive several times has made me realize that I sort of took my current location for granted. Good luck with the new gig!

    ReplyDelete